Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you help Monton Green Primary go solar?

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know about a project we're working on to raise funds for solar panels at Monton Green Primary School.

Greater Manchester Community Renewables (GMCR) is a volunteer-run community energy project, set up in 2015 to fund solar arrays on local schools & community buildings.

So far, we've raised over £300,000, which has funded solar panels at 5 primary schools in Salford and a community centre in Partington - helping them to save money, cut carbon, and inspire children to learn more about energy & climate change.

Last week, we launched our latest share offer to raise another £100,000 for solar arrays at 3 more primary schools, including Monton Green. By investing a minimum of £100, you can help your local school to go solar as well as receiving share interest of up to 4% p.a.

To find out more, visit http://www.gmcr.org.uk/invest or find us on Facebook & Twitter by searching for WeAreGMCR.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Ali

Comments

• Good to see that Monton Green Primary School got these solar panels installed. I've not seen any news on this, just noticed when dropping off the child. I'd be interested to hear the details, i.e. expected saving\power output\any FIT generated for the school\future EV charging facilities etc..